Translate

Wednesday 29 November 2006

Travel Dos and Don'ts

DO:

  • Take your mobile/cell phone!

Even if you don’t intend to use it, it’s security!
(and helps cure your loneliness at times)

When you are lost and are meeting a friend, use your mobile phone to call them! ;)

  • Buy an international phone card BEFORE you leave home!
    I had to use my mobile to call home to tell them I had arrived… when you’re jetlagged and dodging people, its hard to find a phone card! It’s even worse when ur in a non-English speaking country and the person is telling you the card DOES call Australia, but it doesn’t SAY so On the card.

  • Travelex Cash Passport Card for Aussies www.cashpassportcard.com
    This is the simplest way to use cash overseas! You pre-purchase your desired currency (Euros/Pounds) and just use it like a debit card at any ATM! I purchased Euros and was able to obtain pounds in London with the same card. You can top up the card any time online! My parents did this for me – the only disadvantage is your transactions do not show your current balance. You have to go online to view your account.

No comments: