Translate

Wednesday 29 August 2007

Job...

I want to be paid what I'm worth...

I want a job where "infection control" is a topic where people say, "Does that mean I can't bring my cat to work?" or "What IS that?"

Where the only way you can hurt your back is by falling off your office chair...or doing something else silly....

Where "Administering Medication" means self administering panadol for your own headache...

Where being on-call simply means being open to the supervisor asking you to help with something... and then going back to your own desk...

Where "Meal assisting" means heating up a colleague's lunch after you take yours out of the microwave...

Where getting sore feet is because you were stupid enough to wear ridiculous heels to work...not because you were run off your feet in comfy shoes...

Where coming home feeling dirty simply means you accidentally spilled something on your clothes, or got squirted with the printer ink... not that you have been dealing with all kinds of bodily fluids and regurgitated food.... and everything else...

Where "Changing nappies[diapers]" means going home to your own kids...

Ok, despite all these points...I have no idea where I want to be! I want to write... edit... use my brain more than my arms and feet... I enjoy my job while I'm in it, but there is something MORE out there for me... I just haven't yet found it!

2 comments:

Mike Messerli said...

Robyn,

I will be praying for you as you seek God's will. I know that feeling...to know you aren't yet where God wants you.

Robyn said...

Thanks :)
I'm learning to let go...to enjoy the path I'm on until the time is right to move into the promised land... my life seems to be centred on a "waiting" theme... and I know it's always worth it in the end...