Translate

Monday 17 September 2007

David's Proposal






Ok, I finally have time to tell you the story! :p

Where do I start… how about the date!
Friday 14th September. A day where I worked at a disability day centre and felt run down with a head cold…but knew I was going out to dinner with David, so managed to stay on top of things.
I arrived home, had a shower, and dressed up like I normally do after work when I’m going out…

David arrived with some beautiful roses… because I wasn’t feeling well :) and after we chatted a while with my parents, we were in the car and off to dinner…although we had no idea of where to go… so he suggested driving in a certain direction.


We were on Plenty Rd, and nearing Bundoora Park… where the Mount Cooper Housing Estate is…and he said, “I wonder how far back the housing blocks go?” and I said, “About as far as Mount Cooper, behind the park…” so we decided to have a look, but realised it was close to 6pm, so checked the park closing time… 6pm. We had 10mins to take a quick drive to the lookout to “see the houses”…

So we arrived at the top – the Highest Point in Metropolitan Melbourne (sorry I can’t remember the elevation statistics!). He turned off the engine and we looked out over the view…and I was silently thinking it was silly to turn off the engine if we weren’t staying long…haha.
Out of the blue, he said he had a present for me… and I was thinking, I don’t need any presents… So he took a package out of the glove box and I opened it.


Inside were a magnetic toy tiger, a magnet with the saying, “A wonderful future is just ahead”, and one of those LED light up fans. I said, “Why did you buy me another one? I already have one…but this looks heaps better” and he said, “Turn it on”. So I did. I was also a little curious by the words on the magnet, but wasn’t expecting what happened next!

I sat there looking at it… thinking… “Does that say what I think it says” and realised he was watching me…and he repeated the words on the fan…and I said…..
“I have to blow my nose!”

How silly… I was in shock :p and seriously did need to blow my nose…

But of course I said yes!

Then we drove off…and decided to go to Dom’s for dinner…and because I wasn’t feeling well, I hardly ate, and asked for a “take away box” and brought my dinner home.

We went back to his place and called his parents…and the rest is history :p

No comments: