Translate

Friday 11 July 2008

Veil Prices are so over-rated!

I'm going to bed, but before my brain switches off completely....
I'm NOT PAYING AU$300 FOR A VEIL!!!!!!!!!!! ;p
I went to check out the Mariana Hardwick warehouse sale today... and asked if they have veils...
yes....but I'm not paying $300 for something I can pay $60-$65 FULL PRICE elsewhere!
Even their "cheap" dresses were over $2000 each!!!

Just makes me excited about how much I DIDN'T pay for my off-the-rack dress! It doesn't have as much sparkle, but it has enough :) I can't justify paying thousands of dollars for sparkles ;)

It also gave me an excuse to return my bracelet I picked up last week...after I came home I noticed a scratch in one diamonte...I was prepared to live with it because most people wouldn't notice...but I was in the area today and brought it in...and they replaced the diamonte on the spot! Free of charge! They do have a warranty...and it was scratched when I bought it, so I know I didn't scratch it. We had to order our jewellery because each piece is made to order, and apart from this small scratch, I'm extremely happy with it!

Oh, I have been offered many veils to borrow...but each one is either ivory or off-white. I need WHITE. But that's ok. It's nice to receive the offers :)


Ok, GOOODNITE:)

2 comments:

Kellyanne said...

I know what you mean about the prices at mariana hardwick's....They aren't very nice at all! My best friend was married last year, and she came down to look for bridesmaid dresses for me and her sister. We dropped into the 'clearance centre' and didn't spend long there at all!

Hope all the preparations are going well.

Robyn said...

haha...yeah, well I had time to find out for myself... I never like their photos in the magazines anyway... not my style at all... although my sister-in-law found her dress there and it was soooooooooooo gorgeous! It suited her perfectly!

Oh well. I know where the get the 'common people' prices ;p It's only ONE DAY...I'd rather spend that $300 on honeymoon accommodation...