Translate

Friday 10 October 2008

Wedding - Things That Have Gone Wrong!!!

What a crazy time...
I had my dress altered and was able to pick it up today.
We discovered the dress maker pulled it in abt ONE INCH too much!! So now they have to fix it AGAIN and I have to to go back into the city on Monday to pick it up AGAIN!

The back did up, but there's no way I could wear it for more than half an hour! It was like in The Pirates of the Caribbean... where Elizabeth has the corset that sucks the life out of her... pretty sad. Espcially since I've had the dress all year and it only required a little alteration. It didn't even need a corset or any special underwear. Oh well. Will be praying it is perfect on Monday!

Also...I went to have my ring cleaned. Again I had to go into the city (I killed 2 birds with one stone). They cleaned it...gave it back. It looked ok, but not brilliant. I walked out...and after taking it off and having a closer look, saw LOTS of scum still under the diamonds! I was NOT impressed. I walked back in and asked them to do it again! It still doesn't look fantastic...but it's better than I could do... but the first time I was sure I could do better! Stupid people. If they offer a service they should provide it properly! I could give them a bad name if I wanted to ;) There was only 1 couple in the store so it wasn't like they were too busy. I've always been there when there have been at least 5 couples!

So... that was the joy of my Friday... haha! Not happy abt the dress, but what can I do.
Not happy about the ring, but I'm not going back just for a clean.
Just silly things to tell the kids later!
Times of testing... I'm sure it will all work out, even if things are disappointing me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

*HUGS*

:)