Translate

Tuesday 18 January 2011

Remembering people....

Over the last few days, I have had some girls on my mind...girls I haven't seen in over 10years...but they are still close to my heart. They wouldn't be 'girls' any more! Every so often God places them on my heart. 


Around 1998 or 1999 we were on a camp together at Lake Yellingbo. I was their cabin leader. Their names were Samantha, Melissa, Loren and I think Jade. You girls were amazing. I think we learned a lot together. You definitely made me work for my 'money'! (There was no money of course! We were all volunteers).


One of you locked yourself in a room...I remember that...as much grief as you gave me, I don't think I said it then, but I could understand why you did it. It wasn't the appropriate thing to do, but I could understand. 


I remember you all requesting me to pray with you at bedtime. I never prayed aloud but you girls made me break that fear. We had good moments in that cabin.


The funniest part of camp...when we had to perform at the Talent Show. Do you remember the Cinderella skit you did that just went completely off track!? That was hilarious and painful at the same time. I'll never forget that! I know you girls had heaps of fun doing it! 


You girls will always have a place in my heart....I would really love to see how your lives have turned out. 
If any of you happen to stumble across my blog, please say hi! ;) 

No comments: