Translate

Saturday 17 August 2024

Let Nothing Move You



1 Corinthians 15:58: Let nothing move you.  (Condensed by me).

One morning, as I was walking from the train, I came towards about 30 pigeons on the ground. They were feeding in the grass. As I approached, they all flew away...except for one scruffy looking black bird. It wasn't until the others flew away, that this different bird was exposed. It just stood there looking at me. No fear. It wasn't moving for anything! It was the lone one. I also just looked at, without a care, as I continued to walk by. Just like that bird was not moving, I had no intention to stop walking.  

I thought, that is how we, and our prayers should be. We don't fly away, or run when we perceive a possible threat... we stand. We should be so secure in our faith, and in ourselves, that we are unmovable. We stay at our post. 
When evil approaches, the light within us should scare away the darkness. Evil flies away, not us!

It reminds me of the phrase, "Eagles don't fly with pigeons". 
It could have been easy for that lone bird to just follow the pigeons, and fly away. It chose to be an 'eagle'. Both times. I can confirm there was no danger for either of us, but those pigeons didn't stay to find out. Let's not be like those pigeons. We're created to be Eagles.

(I didn't take any photos that day...but a few days later, the exact experience repeated.... so then I took photos!) ©️🦋

No comments: