Translate

Thursday 3 January 2008

Tonsillitis...

I saw the doctor on Sunday because I was STILL feeling dizzy...and discovered I had a tonsil infection that spread to the middle ear. She prescribed me antibiotics and an "anti dizzy" tablet.

I took them. I felt a little better. After 2 days I stopped taking the 'dizzy pills'. (I only had 1/3 of the maximum dose :) They were "take only as needed")

But yesterday I couldn't swallow anything hard. I was living on yoghurt and jelly and bananas... and my throat decided to be sore.. At around 5.30pm my throat started swelling up like it was being attacked by marshmallows. Mum and I were both concerned, so she took me straight back to the doctor. I was pushed to the front of the line. We thought I was reacting to the antibiotics. Turns out they weren't working!

So... he precribed me a stronger dose. When I asked if they were as big as the previous ones, he didn't answer. He just ripped up the prescription and wrote a new one for liquid form :) I was struggling to swallow those monster size pills, even when broken in HALF! I got one half stuck in my throat yesterday so mum crushed the other half.

So last night I managed to sleep without suffocating ;)
But I am seeing the doctor again tonight to see if the new presciptions are working.

No comments: