Translate

Sunday 28 December 2008

Christmas update

Wow...time just flies!

I haven't been here for ages because I've been too busy, and dial up internet makes you realise just how much you take broadband for granted!! Needless to say (?), I'm at my parent's place again! The place of "business" ;)

For those of you wondering why I didn't send a Christmas letter this year, I just didn't have the time to sit down and write one! It has been a busy year though.

Last Christmas I was diagnosed with glandular fever...but despite all the setbacks, I managed to help fund a wedding - even being unable to work as many days due to the fatigue and lowered immunity the sickness left me with.

This Christmas I'm happy to say I no longer feel the fatigue and I'm not catching as many colds :) I returned to work in November...and caught a cold! But I managed to get better in almost half the time of the previous colds! THAT was exciting! :) Before the wedding, I felt like I was catching everything that was going around! I didn't know when one cold was ending and another was beginning...it was awful...which made David suggest I finish work a few weeks earlier than planned before the wedding. He's a wise man :) I felt the best I'd felt all year soon after I finished work:) That also probably helped with the stress of the wedding. My body wasn't working over-time:)

I love my new home. I've finally stopped having to remind myself to turn onto a different road to come home...I've been travelling the same roads for 8 years (although I'm closer to my previous home prior to that), so I needed to break the habits! I only really live in the next suburb, so I know most of the roads. I just need to remember which direction I live! haha!

This morning I woke up to chickens making soooo much noise! Yesterday morning we woke up hearing them in our front lawn...and the sound of them being caught by their owner! It sounds bad, but it's not really. Their owners keep them well under control, but they're chickens! We'd be stupid to think they'd never try to escape to the green grass on the neighbour's lawn! haha!
At first it annoyed me to hear the chickens in the morning, but now I don't mind it at all. It reminds me of my old country life. I'm at the point now where I think I'd miss them if they disappeared...

I have so much to say, but I can't remember what! Plus I don't want to type a really long post people won't want to read.

Ok, I better go.

Hope you all had a great Christmas and the new year is full of great things!
It's time for the princesses to step into their royal shoes and take their place...2009 is no playground. We are called for a purpose :) Let's get ready to step into 2009 with courage and godly pride :)

No comments: