Translate

Sunday 28 December 2008

Family Christmas


This year was such a great, yet different year for our family.
We maintained our traditional Christmas Eve get together. Having our usual meal and watching Carols by Candlelight on tv. Opening gifts. Having fun just being a family.

This year there was one HUGE difference (and a few others).
All 3 kids came to visit, and all 3 left to go off to their own homes afterwards...leaving the parents in their newly acquired empty nest!

I loved visiting my parents with my new husband...having fun with my brother and sister, sister-in-law and sister's friend. It was just so nice knowing we were all adults, and we have all moved out of the nest (my sister only moved abt 3 weeks before me!), and we can all still return to the nest for "good times" without staying.

Our family has made a good, healthy transition.
I love visiting my old home, knowing it is part of me, but it's not who I am NOW. I still have an agenda to spend some productive days cleaning out my old room... it's still part of me, but I want to eventually have "Robyn" gone from the room. It's no longer "Robyn's room" - but it is still full of my 'stuff' - there are many hours to be spent, and bags to be filled, and rubbish bins to be filled...but I am getting there slowly.

I love chatting with my mum... we bumped into each other in the supermarket not long ago....and we couldn't stop talking! When I lived in the nest, we talked a lot...now whenever we get a chance, we can't stop!

Somebody asked if I miss my mum...I say it's a healthy transition. I do miss her, but I am happy where I am at. We have a good relationship. Now the relationship has simply taken a new path.
A good path:)

Ok, I'm all excited because we got broadband today!! David is on his computer using dial-up, and I'm on the floor next to him with my laptop on broadband...funny and fun! I love wireless! We can plug it in to either computer:)

No comments: