Translate

Friday 5 June 2009

Jumping out

Wow...3 months have passed...this has definitely been a year of change!
So much to write, so little time to to WRITE it... life is busy, but that's not such a bad thing...unless you realise your priorities need to change and you're running yourself down again...

I have had a good year, health-wise, but every so often, like this week, I wear myself out ...to the point I haven't been to the gym in a week... I've learned there's no point in working out when you're already worn out...

Life is good, but I do need to cut out a few commitments...
I'm at a point where I feel like the frog in that story about being stuck in a bucket. The frog can't jump out because the bucket is too high, but it's uncomfortable being stuck in the milk in the bucket....so instead of feeling sorry for itself and dying in the milk, it starts swimming...and eventually churns up the milk to make cream....and jumps out of the bucket.

I'm at the "churning" point. I'm not happy being in the bucket, but whether or not I jump out now, or later, I AM going to jump out!
I've been in this bucket for a long time, and tried to jump out many times, but God has kept me there, and I've learned a lot, gained skills...but it's not the bucket of my life. It's the bucket for the season.

Ok, it's the end of a week, and the beginning of a long weekend! I am going to catch up on sleep I've missed out on this week...being stressed by a deadline and having to write an application in a short amount of time...but I've done it! That is the first point of jumping out of the bucket. It could be the key to the jump, or a stepping stone forward, but it's still MOVING.

That's what my theme is at the moment.... "Moving" - big or little, as long as it's something, I'm moving forward:)

I will try to blog more often...

No comments: