Translate

Tuesday 13 August 2013

Spiritual Roots

A common theme I've noticed this week has been about spirituality and how 'out there' people are in the 'not-so-out-there' denominations.

Funny thing for me is that I am in a not-so-out-there denomination, but my roots are in the pentecostal arena...(out-there). I am no longer in that arena.... which is funny because I never, ever, ever thought I'd ever end up in the Salvation Army! God had a different plan! My previous experiences with this denomination were good, but I never felt I belonged in that kind of environment. I was used to the AOG style.

However, my current church is more of an out-there version of the Salvos... more like a teenager who wants to go further than their parents.... accepts the foundations, but goes beyond. During my AOG days I would have thought a Salvo environment would not encourage my particular gifts... but I have since discovered differently!

So, I have come to the conclusion.... you can take the girl out of the pentecostal environment, but you can never take the pentecostal out of the girl! 

No comments: