Translate

Tuesday 3 January 2023

2023 - Change in the air

 Happy New Year! 

After a busy end to 2022, including getting sick before Christmas... and feeling extremely grateful to see my family for Christmas, the turn of the calendar page brought a sudden shift. 

On January 1st, Something in the air changed! 

I woke up feeling indifferent, then went to church. As soon as I entered that environment, my spirit quickened to a shift in the atmosphere. There was a new joy. People were happy - it felt as if the "Happiness Barometer" jumped a few new levels overnight! 

It felt as if God was up to something. Like all the challenges of 2022 were placed in a box, and He put the lid on top. Out with the old, in with the new. During the pre-service prayer time, there was an amazing sense of His presence, anticipation and expectation. I saw/sensed helium balloons all over the room, being popped. Breakthrough was beginning! It was almost overwhelming in the most beautiful way. 

I woke up feeling indifferent, and after church, my spirit was energised. Whatever this year holds, I am in anticipation of what God has planned for me, His church, corporately and individually. There is an old song -  "God is up to something good, something good, something good..."  The word I was given for this year is FRESH, and all Sunday, this word was confirmed. This is a fresh season. I am excited to see where He takes us this year! I can't remember the last time I felt excited by a new year. Each previous year, it has been about survival. Maintaining peace and hope amidst the storms and challenging times. 

How awesome it is to feel excited again! 🦋

No comments: