Translate

Monday 11 December 2006

Bushire thougths...



Hello again!

I've told my friends in a Christmas letter I will be posting about my holiday soon... just seem a little too busy with all the commotion (or lack!) of Christmas at the moment....but rest assured, I have plans on writing about my adventure!

Oh well... my current thoughts are about the bushfires in Victoria... apparently they are the worst since the 1800's! And not going to stop burning for "a few months".

It's really sad when you walk outside your front door and all you can see is smoke... and the fires are about 2-5hours away! Couldn't see the sky for the last 2 days...in which we had one of our hottest days on record! 40+degrees Celsius... so we're in the worse draught in decades, the hottest day in decades.... and the worst fire in decades... and all we want is some rain...

It's even sadder when we've had many firefighters come over from New Zealand to help control the fires...which could possibly all join into one big fire...

Well, what can you do apart from pray...




No comments: