Translate

Friday 22 December 2006

More about Christmas

Christmas is a season of love and goodwill... and I have to admit amidst all the crazinesss, I have come across some wonderful people. I spend a few hours shopping...and some of the shop assistants have been awesome. Some of them you feel like making faces and saying, "Smile" just to give them something to laugh at...and others you could stand there for hours, holding up the line just chatting...to a complete stranger!

A nice lady held up the line yesterday because her item had no tag... they had to get somebody to confirm the price...she apologised! That was a pleasant surprise. I wouldn't have thought anything of it if she had said nothing... I just take it as part of the joys of shopping...

Before that I joined the slow line...and then realise the product I was purchasing wasn't in good enough condition so went back and exchanged it... THEN I joined my 2nd bad line...which was the one just mentioned... It seemed it wasn't my day for good line choosing! haha!

I think maybe people are beginning to relax...

Its coming so fast to Monday...Christmas Day... the day where JESUS is the focus... all this craziness is for Christmas...but how much of it is about Jesus? I think we get so caught up in the craziness we forget to acknowledge the REASON for the season...the REASON we celebrate Christmas...the reason we buy gifts for each other...the reason for the love and goodwill... and he patiently waits for us... to acknowledge him... and if we don't, he waits til next year, on the chance you may remember him... and if not then, the next year...he just waits... and waits... he's a gentleman. He won't force himself into your life, but once you decide to acknowledge him, he is so excited to be a part of your life.

Christmas holds so much more meaning when you know the reason for the celebrations. It's not about presents and trees and food... all these things help us enjoy each other more, but its simply about that baby born in humble circumstances... the son of God... and with the love of this amazing man comes the joy of gift giving and trees and food... we WANT to celebrate and enjoy each other. But without this ONE simple foundation, Christmas seems to lose its meaning...

Ok...I could type forever!
Have a specaial Christmas remembering the one who made it all possible...and enjoying the festivities and love he gives.

No comments: