Translate

Monday 12 November 2007

Asics Testimony



I often hear other people talking about how God told them to walk into a particular shop or do something different…and when they followed the prompt, they were rewarded with a surprise.

Well, I recently had my turn. About a month ago mum and I took a train into the city for a day of shopping. We checked out DFO Spencer (Factory Outlets), which wasn’t that good…in fact we had some bad lunch service which caused a bit of trouble, but that’s not the point of this story!

I found a sports shop that boasts “cheap Asics” runners. Since snapping my achilles tendon (it hung on by a middle thread!) about 3yrs ago I’ve been very fussy about my footwear, and was encouraged to try Asics…meaning now I refuse to wear any other sports shoe (unless Brooks tempts me. They are the Top 2 Best sports shoes).

So this shop had the latest style, and I tried them on. They were $20 off (which is a lot for this brand). It was an offer too good to be true… but something prompted me not to purchase them. In the end, I was umming and ahhing over the colour. They were green. I like green, but prefer more ‘feminine’ colours in my runners. I’d looked at enough shop windows to know that green was the ONLY available colour in the style I like.

So I carried the box around with me for about 20mins… eventually deciding to buy them…I could live with the colour because they felt soooooooooo good!
But again I felt prompted NOT to buy them! So I put them back on the shelf and walked out.

Later on I decided I still wanted them, so mum decided to meet me somewhere after I went back to buy them… I’d only walked about 2metres when I felt the prompt again.
So I walked back to mum.
I couldn’t understand why I felt I was not allowed to buy them. I REALLY wanted them…and couldn’t stop thinking about them since that time, wondering if I’d find them that cheap again…and not understanding why I couldn’t buy them then.


Well… just last Friday, out of the blue, mum called me and told me Rebel Sport was having a 20% off sale for RACV Card holders, and she saw the shoes I wanted. So I went in…and there was ONE pair left in my size…and this time I felt it was ok to buy them…because….they were $40 off!!!!! YAY! I was so glad I waited :) I got double the discount and I felt free to buy them this time :)

NOW I UNDERSTAND why God told me not to buy them. It just shows how much God loves us – that he will go to the lengths to look after the “small” things in our lives to prove he cares…

I still prefer my previous pink Asics, but they’ve earned their retirement ;)
In the end, you have to go by comfort and fit, not colour ;)


(P.S. The pink ones still look 'new' but they're over a year old! I'm good at keeping my shoes clean)

2 comments:

Mike Messerli said...

great story, I would have not seen the miracle....thanks for sharing this neat story in your life.

Robyn said...

Thanks. Sometimes you "feel" what you don't understand... then later you understand :)

Then there are the times where God decides not to give you an explanation ;)