Translate

Tuesday 11 March 2008

Lessons Learned from a Bride to Be!

Bridesmaids Dresses:
Only take one bridesmaid to try on dresses. That way, nobody can try to push you to BUY anything!
We've gone into many boutiques, and it is obvious that they are all disappointed that only one of them is present. They always say, "You'll have to bring in both of them". We then walk out having done our research, not feeling pressured to buy something we don't want! Hehe ;)

Bridal Gowns:
Off The Rack gowns are much cheaper- they just don't have the "name" and are not custom-made for you. But who will notice anyway??? Sometimes they're even cheaper than 2nd hand "Name" ones! I bought my dress in a 'hidden' butique, in a building I've walked past a zillion times in the city (Swanston St) but was completely oblivious to it. It's on the 9th floor and you wouldn't find it unless you were looking for it! (Chantilly Bridal).

Oh, and I had a man serve me. He was amazing! Good, old fashioned service. No rubbish. Npo pushing to buy. He was so full of information, and actually told me NOT to buy anything until I'd looked at a few other shops. I think he knew I'd be back ;) Haha!

I've been into a few bridal shops looking for bridesmaids dresses...and the rubbish coming out of the sales assistants mouths is dreadful!
A few weeks ago a girl was trying on a dress, and I just felt like grabbing her hand and telling her to RUN!!! She was young and gorgeous, and obviously hadn't seen anything cheaper than what she had on...and was trying to justify spending all that money... I hope she did leave without buying... the assistants were all over her, there was no way anybody would get near her to tell her to run ;)

I hated most dress designs in the magazines...but when I began to visit boutiques I discovered there are more IN the boutiques that I liked, than in the magazines!

Cakes:
We have been quoted between AU$250-$700 for a cake! One day we 'accidentally' asked about a particular display cake...and it was $300 for a wedding, and ONLY $125 As Is! So we can just pay $125 and pick it up ourselves! ...and to have enough for everybody...shhh.... we can order a simple cake to have cut up! shhh...All cheaper than a "Wedding Cake".
Until then , we'd only been looking at "Wedding Cakes". It's criminal!

Ok, that's enough for today ;) It's been a busy time...and all you people who said, "It will come quickly" - it is really feeling that way now! Just a few days ago I thought it was January!!:p
At least we have most of the major things covered:)

No comments: