Translate

Monday 24 March 2008

More on Glandular Fever and the Wedding

I've just noticed people have been googling "glandular fever" and coming across my blog...so I had a look at some other relevant sites... and now I'm thinking.... thinking... agreeing... disagreeing...and thinking more and more about my wedding that's fast approaching!!!

Well, as I read the horror stories of glandular fever, I realise just how blessed I have been! I was never so exhausted I couldn't get out of bed... but I was more tired than usual. I was never hospitalised, and I never had hepatitis (maybe coz I had the vaccines years ago for my job).

Although I didn't have it as bad as many, I am still sharing the frustrations of what I read somebody describe as, "being stripped of vitality and being unable to participate in life fully".
When I think about my wedding dress, I am constantly reminded of the fact I can eat, but I can't work out at the gym. When most brides are beginning their health frenzy, I've had to cease mine. I can't work more than 3 days a week (but thank God he offered me a great opportunity for a contract that even pays more than if I did 4 days eleswhere!)

One thing I read which I am REALLY noticing this week... some people have weeks of energy and then no energy. I'd just spent 2 weeks feeling abt 90% normal...it was wonderful.... I was even working long hours and coming home feeling ok. Then just this weekend I've been feeling run down again... which makes me even more sad I can't return to the gym... I am in a good habit of walking to reception and signing away another form to freeze/suspend my membership... I actually got slighty excited last time and froze a fortnight instead of a month... but I think I will have to go back and not go past reception for the rest of the month... sigh... I really miss exercise... but all I can do now is low impact, and most of the time I either don't have the energy, or I've done a lot of physical acitivity at work and don't want to overdo it again.

I guess, if nothing else, this has helped me learn to relax more... which sucks in some ways too... because I like to do more with my days. But I know the signs now and when I need to cancel a social activity, it's good my friends understand. That's the hard part... there are so many social events in my life at the moment, I have to choose to attend some but not all... that has been hard. It's also hard when you do attend an event, and feel like you just wanna lie down on the couch...but thankfully that hasn't happened much lately! :)

I bumped into a doctor friend at church on Sunday who told me I am definitely not contageous :)
Hadn't seen her in ages. I just feel like I've been soldiering on and trying not to overdo it...and for a change, I'm succeeding!

I'm just hoping I will have enough energy a few months before the wedding to maybe hire a personal trainer and get my fitness back to normal...or at least lose whatever weight I've put on by not having the energy to work it off! I called my old trainer, but she's out of the industry now... sigh... I just need some advice of low impact ways to help me regain my fitness...

ok, it's late and I better go to bed!
I can tell you that we have most things organised for the wedding:)

No comments: