Translate

Thursday 25 November 2010

Set up by God!

Something unusual happened to me after work... I drove to the shops, parked in one of my usual spots...then decided to park on the other side because I didn't really need to go to the shops in the middle of the centre...just Safeway (supermarket).


So...after doing my shopping, then sneaking a peek at some windows (sales!), I headed back to my car... as I began to walk through the exit, this older lady stopped me and asked if I knew where she could catch a taxi... She seemed desperate for help and a bit distressed. So, I tried to figure out what to do to help...we started walking, and we decided that she would wait for me to walk all the way to the concierge desk to ask for the taxi rank. What I discovered was the taxi rank was a long walk from where she met me at the exit/entrance, and the taxis don't just come and wait. They need to be called. So the lovely staff at the concierge desk told me they could call her a taxi if she came to them... so I had a good workout walking back to her, then walking with her all the way back to the concierge....and as we arrived, the staff smiled and immediately helped the lady with the taxi, as if she'd been waiting for her. It was so nice to see them interacting. She was Greek and the staff was Italian. They sounded like friends, even though they'd just met!


It was also nice to see the lady lose her distress and regain her joy. The sad part was that she told us she had asked many others for help, but nobody helped except me. They said they didn't understand... It took a bit of my time, but I didn't have anywhere better to be. 


As I was walking back to my car...I suddenly realised that if I had parked in my usual place, I never would have used that exit...I never use that exit. I also usually go to the other supermarket at the opposite end of the centre...I felt like God had set me up! He set it all up so this lady could get home with a smile on her face...

No comments: