Translate

Sunday 19 December 2010

Christmas...where is The Spirit!

After watching half of Sydney's  "Carols in the Domain" on tv last night, I was disappointed that the Christmas spirit is only lingering for those who still believe in it... all these celebrities singing words they obviously don't feel... the songs that should bring joy and happiness...and awe - are just songs being sung in the spotlight to millions of people live and on tv. Except for the santa ones, of course... 


I'm amused that Twisted Sister have been stuck in my head the last 2 days! Their version of "Oh Come all ye Faithful" - it's twisted, but it has FEELING! These men sing about "Christ the Lord" with no hesitation. I have no idea where they stand in terms on religion and God...but they can sing about Christmas in a much better manner than these "amazing celebrities". 


THEN....I arrive at church this morning...Wow! The singers brought to life many of the songs that had no life on the tv last night. A feeling I haven't experienced in years when I hear these Christmas carols. 


Our church is so awesome! The people are so real...they don't necessarily go out of their way to make things awesome - it is natural to them to bring out the feeling in all they do. This morning the music was just so special. It evoked the old Christmas feeling of when this was all normal to society. It was all about Jesus. It was pure and humble. 


I hope Melbourne's version of "Carols By Candlelight" on tv evokes more Christmas spirit than Sydney's concert. I also really want Ray Martin back! He actually cared about the real Christmas spirit. One of the co-hosts that replaced him really disappoints me. There is something about her that makes me unable to look at her without feeling a darkness about her. My spirit wants to scream at her - "How dare you present Christmas when you heart isn't even right!" But I can't do that. I just hope her darkness doesn't spread. 


Well, I guess I can say the Christmas bug has taken a bigger bite. It's finally beginning to feel like Christmas:)

No comments: