Translate

Thursday 30 August 2012

Blooming where you are planted

Recently I was reminded of a past struggle I had, and was greatly encouraged by it...

I was asked by a higher authority, why, with my higher qualifications, I was in the job I am currently in.

Great question! No, I didn't go to uni to do the job I am in...but that is the path GOD has led me on.

Yes, I have tried to gain higher positions in better paid, and more glorified jobs. Fact is, it took me a long time to learn that God had different ideas for me... it was not about ME. 

I finally accepted the word that I was to "Bloom where you are planted". I have learned a great deal in the last decade+ of employment...met many interesting characters...some I would gladly never meet again, others  have been awesome. Through this, I have learned many people skills....dealing with difficult people, how to work with all sorts of people.... and how to really love the 'unloved'. I have gained much confidence in myself and my work. I have made some great friends (and even some enemies....lol!).

It took me years.....maybe the better part of the last decade, to understand why I was doing what I was doing.

For now, I am happy. There are many opportunities still to come for this life... but I know I am where God wants me to be for this time.

I am who I am and I will not change my personality for anybody - I will make changes if I feel the need, but nobody will put me in a box to which I do not belong.

I am finally blooming where I have been planted. 

The label of my life....Esther 4:14. I was "born for such a time as this".

1 comment: