Translate

Wednesday 12 September 2012

Behind a smile...

I just wanted to write about my experience after work today.
I went to my usual petrol station, after visiting my parents, and as I was paying, the girl behind the counter said, "You have a very beautiful smile". I was taken back, and could only reply, "Thanks", but it got me thinking about my life - the story behind my smile.

There are many reasons for me to be bitter....but I am not bitter. Things in my story have not made me bitter, but better.

My smile is not always deliberate, but it is real. I have my Jesus... he has been with me every second of my life - he has been through the rubbish and through the joy. He has brought healing to my wounds. He has truly brought beauty from the ashes.

So, as I finish this post, I begin to wonder about other people's smiles... it is not necessarily those with no trials who smile the brightest. Often it's those who have been through the trials of life, and come out through the other side - out into the sunshine.

I have been through some dark places, but they never robbed me of my smile.
I guess my smile is a testimony of God's grace and love in my life :)


No comments: