Translate

Wednesday 27 June 2007

Are you a Lion or a Mouse?

I know this story is a cute fable, but sometimes I wonder how many people actually see themselves in this fable...

Some days we feel like the lion, some days the mouse... but in the end... both have a purpose! The Lion, in his weakness, needed the 'weak' mouse to rescue him. The lion is supposed to be the King of the Jungle...in control... no fear... and the mouse is seen as a rodent... useless, small, ugly... they are both creatures God created.

Actually, I come across many people in my line of work, who seem like the annoying mouse...but when I see them as God sees them, I feel I'm not allowed to see them that way. That I need to respect them more, even if I don't think they deserve it.

Basically, if you feel like the lion, you may find yourself needing the help of the mouse one day... (or many), and if you feel like the mouse...don't believe you are a useless creature... this mouse was the hero of the story!

2 comments:

Samantha Louise said...

Hey Robyn :)

yay I finally get to write to you and say THANK YOU.

Thanks sooo much for the dvd! AGain, that came in the perfect timing! So much craziness has been happening in my life. Good and bad! Trials.. but trials that bring glory to God!

You are such a blessing. I love you and appreciate you.

*hugs and kiss*

Robyn said...

Thanks Sam,
Glad you received it! It was on my heart to get it for you for a while...I just needed to GET it!

That often happens...I delay what I think I should do NOW, and in the end it's the RIGHT timing!

Glad things are interesting in your life ;)