Translate

Monday 4 June 2007

Receptionist's Funeral

Because somebody asked, I'll write about today ;)

I was one of about 6 casuals running the joint, while the permanent staff all went to the funeral. They said it was very nice and well done. One person said it was "Very Tradional Catholic".

I forgot to ask to see somebody's 'program' before I left! Hopefully somebody will leave one on the lunch table so I can see it tomorrow ;)

Nobody expected this man to die, and it was really nice to see basically ALL the staff from the building went to his funeral. My observations were that they didn't talk as much when he came into the lunch room, but they always acknowledged him. He was like part of the furniture. Part of the essence of the building in a sense... so I guess even though it wasn't obvious they respected and valued him, today showed they did. It's sad that we often forget to SHOW people we value them and their work, and then it's too late.

I don't feel 'bad' about his death...like he is in a better place... but it is very sad...

No comments: