Translate

Monday 11 June 2007

Clothes

By the way... I LOVE MY SUIT!!!!! Hahahaha!

It's amazing how you are treated depending on the clothes you wear. I have walked into a shop in my "work" clothes (no fuss, prepared to be dirtied or wrecked and washed repeatedly) and been treated like "just another person", and the next day I've walked into the same shop in my "me" clothes (a lot nicer) and suddenly I'm somebody of value. It's sad really.

One day I can walk into a shop and be ignored because I don't look 'rich' enough, or look like I present myself well enough. The next day I am given star treatment because I can wear anything I like. When I'm working I don't feel 100% me, but if I DID, I would be wearing clothes I would be stressing about ruining! So I just have to present myself the best I can under the circumstances, and expect to be treated differently!

And whenever I wear a suit...well, I understand the term, "Power Suit"! haha!

No comments: