Translate

Friday 20 July 2007

My Birthday

Well...I worked! A few months ago I was offered 5weeks guaranteed Thursdays while a staff went overseas...the catch was it began on my birthday! The offer was too good to reject so I worked! It was only 1.7kms from my house! :) (I could leave 5mins before starting time and not be late!)

After work we had a family dinner. Mum made lasagne with GREEN lasagne sheets... it was nice... we had a fun time around the table, and then...she brought out the cake! It was a Freddo ice-cream cake! haha! But there's more! :p She didn't want to put the candles on the cake, so she stuck straws into the cake, and put the candles on top of the straws! Creative Woman! :p She's so funny :)

It was a good night.

Because I worked yesterday, took today off! Mum and I had a Girly Day Out. We went to see the movie Bridge to Terabithia... it was great. I read the book about 9 years ago for uni... and loved it. We loved the movie...but needed tissues ;)

We had Noodle Box for lunch...after trying on clothes in Greensy... we went to Katies... I said to mum, these ladies are acting like the ladies from the movie, Pretty Woman, cept they're in the wrong kind of shop to pull it off! :p well, after they began talking, they seemed nice...but before that they looked a bit sour... I actually don't like Katies...their clothes never sit right on me...but I found 2 jumpers on sale that looked good. Usually I walk straight past, but mum wanted to go in.

THEN....we went on our adventure to ENA Boutique in Ivanhoe...the ladies always remember us and treat us well. They support the Watoto Children's Choir :) You walk in and are surrounded by Christian people. We spent a bit of time in there... if you go during the not so busy times they pamper you and treat you like a star! It's fun. Today was more of a social time, chatting while trying on clothes. Last time I went there was just before I went overseas...I bought black pants to take with me. So today I brought my photos, just in case they remembered...and yes they did! So one lady looked at my photos... she was really nice. As always ;) haha! Mum and I only seem to get there about once or twice a year... and somehow always manage to go on a sale week! Simply coincidence :)

After that we went into a cafe for a chocolate fix... and the men behind the counter were giving me smiles and looks...and I picked them out as ROMANS! Haha! They acted the same as the men did when I was in Rome! After we walked out (took take away) I read the sign, and sure enough, it was Roman based! Haha. Like the Three Fountains...

THEN We came home!

Well, I'm going to bed! My cousin was 18 on the same day, and we have his party tomorrow night!

No comments: