Translate

Friday 6 July 2007

One Night with the King

~ by Tommy Tenney
This book is the story of Hadassah, or Esther. My favourite bible character... I bought it thinking it was "another typical Esther story"...and it was less than $5 on sale! But once I began reading... wow! It was like nothing I've ever read before about Esther. I'm only about a quarter of the way through, but it is an amazing book. I would really love to see the movie, but we only seem to have the book in Aus... so will have to wait and see... Tenney has written a story, backed up fully by the bible - I read a chapter and wondered if certain things actually happened in the bible, and after cross-referencing, discovered that yes, they did. But obviously he has used his imagination in the details ;)

If you're another Esther freak, read it! Read it! Read it! ;) (It's on sale too!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

!!! I was JUST last night considering that book - came across an old catalogue and I saw it and was like, "gee, I wonder if that would be any good. Is it a novel..?" I thought it was probably about Esther.

Wow!! So, it IS good! ;) :) I might buy it after all. 'Strange' that it should come up twice, so 'quickly'.

God bless you!

Love,
Jessica.

Robyn said...

Haha! You'll love it ;) It's nothing like anything else I've read on Esther :) The first few pages prove that ;) I couldn't put it down...and I'm disappointed I've been going to bed too late to read any more...been too busy during the day...