Translate

Friday 22 August 2008

August Update

Wow...this has been one busy month!!!
Apart from finally being able to work 4 days a week again, I've been so busy!

We had our Tasting Night on Tuesday. That was great. Our reception venue held this for all the people getting married in the next few months. We were able to see examples of table centrepieces and decorations, and taste a sample of the menu....canapes, entree, main and dessert. That was quite good. We had a table of 6: David and I, my parents and David's "proxy parentes", Graham and Kaye. It was great having them there :) We also saw how the room could be set up and what would work. The funny part was when the coordinator asked us which centrepiece we liked...and said, "Trust you to pick the most expensive one in the room!" It was AU$55 per table!!! So we ended up deciding on one included in the price. They had examples of 3 standard and optional extra centrepieces. It was good to see how some make it difficult for guests to see each other across from the table. We swapped centrepieces about 4 times during the night!

What else... we had our make up trial on Sunday. That was interesting. I will need to remember to make sure my maids have right make up remover on the day! I take my Mary Kay one for granted! It is oil-free and removes EVERYTHING! ;)

I found shoes!!! In the ONE place I have been avoiding...because I avoid 'cheap shoe shops.... but I found some and David talked me into buying them. They are $230 cheaper than the other ones I like, but didn't feel good in. I won't tell you the price because I've already told enough people :p hehe!

Basically, we're well on the way... we just need to finalise the details...

Right now I'm looking forward to an early night and to catch up on sleep :)

I keep getting excited that I have most of my energy back, that I forget I still need to be careful!! Even the gym is beginning to seem too easy... I complete 2 circuits, and feel I could easily do another circuit! Previously 2 was a challenge :) 6 months is a long time to regain energy... but I'm doing well :) :) :)
(P.S. I googled the above image. It's not a real example of our nite;))

No comments: