Translate

Wednesday 6 August 2008

Car Tales

I am exhausted... last night I went to leave David's house, and my car wouldn't start. After trying unsuccessfully to get it started, but successfully disconnecting the alarm which was constantly chirping (would've driven the neighbours MAD if we didn't!) we pushed it from the drive onto the grass...and left it.

Mum drove me to work this morning, then I discovered it only takes about 12-15mins to walk home from work... then Steve my brother drove me back to David's (after work) and I called RACV... and David arrived home shortly after I made the call..

Eventually the guy came and said I had a "Dinosaur" battery and I needed a new one. The battery dude was hollered, then nearly an hour later he arrived and changed the battery... talk about a looooooong day... I didn't even know if my alarm was connected because the remote refused to work... but thankfully, it was simply a flat battery (which happened to die alongside the car battery...Murphy's Law...??) So I still have my alarm and immobiliser! YAY! I feel vulnerable if my immobiliser is disconnected...

So tonight my car is back home where it belongs :)
I'm so glad it was only the battery... it's just annoying we had such a late night because David had to drive me home last night. He didn't get as much sleep as he had planned... neither did I.

Well, considering we're taking my car on our honeymoon...this is not bad timing :) Annoying, but at least it wasn't too costly, and it happened before we got too stressed ;)

No comments: