Translate

Wednesday 24 July 2013

Contrasts in work days

Just thinking about my lovely Friday...and how completely different other days can be!
I speak about my gorgeous clients...and on another day I find myself on a completely different playing field...

I have already mentioned I work with different groups of clients... would you believe I also work with people who would have no concern if they threw us against walls or punched us because they were angry at something unrelated to us? They sometimes even laugh about it. The joys of variety!

Just this week we had somebody go into "attack mode". I was on my lunch break during the worst of it, but I still had to deal with it. Those are the days you keep your hair tied up - because one person will rip it out of your head if they were in that kind of mood... and will push you against a wall if you're in their way... I could tell you some horror stories! Some people couldn't care less if they constantly screamed in your ear or yelled at you because you weren't waiting on them hand and foot - because you have others who are quiet and patient who need your assistance.

So yes, there is much variety in my week! I only work with this group once a week. Of course, there are lovely people in that group...but the one difficult one makes it hard. When they are in a good mood, we have a wonderful day. This is definitely a "least of these" kind of thing!

It's so true...when you look for the good in something you will find it. Sometimes you just have to filter through the various levels of bad to find the good... but it is there!

No comments: