Translate

Friday 12 July 2013

Hunger for knowledge Pt 2

I finished the book! (and started more....I seriously have a pile of books, all started, none finished that I keep going back to! I counted about 10 the other day!!)

What a week this has been! The book I finished was "Escaping the Cauldron" by Kristine McGuire. What an interesting, down to earth read. Such a genuine, honest writer. I loved her chat-over-coffee style of writing.

Anyway, I won't go too deeply into that today - but if you have an interest, I would definitely recommend it!

This week has been awesome... I have had some time off work...which has gone way too fast, but I've had some catch ups with some amazing ladies who really encourage me. They are the gems in my life. My mentors, my encouragers, my sisters... Yesterday I felt like I made an investment of time.
I hardly spent any time at home, and I went from one shopping centre, to another, to catch up with 2 friends.

Sometimes you just need that. The people who make you feel you've made an investment. They don't drain you. They encourage you. They drop gems into your heart. They fertilise your seeds and water the seedlings...and make sure there are no weeds in the garden... if that makes sense! They encourage you to sow more seeds...to keep watering the garden and make sure the soil is right.

I don't know if this makes any sense to you, but I am a visual thinker. I love thinking in pictures. Sometimes when I can't think of the words, I can see the picture.

There are many wonderful people in my life. If you are reading this, and I know you personally, consider yourself in this group :) 

No comments: