Translate

Tuesday 10 April 2007

Kangaroo & RSPCA

Driving home from work last Thursday (before Good Friday) I merged onto the Hume Freeway, and suddenly the cars in front of me slowed down to a near stop... thanks to a kangaroo there could've been a 5 car pile up! I was far enough away not to be too bothered ;) The stupid thing was it was NOT ON the road!

... the kangaroo was lying on the side of the road, obviously in pain, jerking its arm repeatedly... so I thought since I was within 10mins of home, if I remembered the kangaroo when I arrived, I would call somebody...

Of course I remembered... so I took out the phone book, saw that the RSPCA was the appropriate number to call, and called.

I was put on hold.... the music was dreadful... I figured it was a tactic to make you hang up so they didn't have to deal with you... so I refused to let that get to me... in the end, after nearly 7minutes on hold I hung up. If it was going to be such a torturous experience to talk to somebody, I hoped somebody else dealt with the kangaroo and hung up!

Next time I don't think I'll bother wasting my time!

No comments: