Translate

Thursday 19 April 2007

Work and Love

Hahaha.... I worked at my favourite workplace today, only 1.5km from my house! (that's not the only reason I love it!)

Every time I arrive for a shift there, the manager asks how my relationship is going! It's funny because I was telling them about my upcoming overseas trip, and then I returned from my trip and they wanted to know all about it... and then I told them about David... because it took my going to the other side of the world to realise I loved him ;) so now when they see me, they always ask how we're going!

Actually... the other place I've been working this week are the same! If I do a morning shift I've been working with only casuals, so in effect I have been the leader because I know the routine... but when I do a night shift (no later than 10pm!) there are usually one or 2 permanent staff who ask me about David too! Except these ladies keep asking if I have a ring yet! hahaha!

Actually... I do... We were in the fish and chip shop the other night and he bought me a ring from the machine! hehe! It was a cute one :p But he said he will have to improve on that A LOT! ;)

So yeah... I can't escape story telling... even today at the day centre, I was with a staff who started telling another staff my story... and then she wanted me to continue! It was funny. She really loves my story ;)

Well....all I can say is God is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's nice when you're an on-call casual to be able to take shifts at places where you have a 'place' in the 'family', even if you don't return for a month or 2... you always fit in and they always want to know about your life. Most places are just "work". You fit in as long as you're booked, then you go home and forget about the people... but not these 2 places :)

No comments: