Translate

Friday 4 April 2008

News report on yesterday's stabbing

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=65733

Two charged after man stabbed by bank
Friday Apr 4 07:21 AEDT
Two men have been charged with attempted murder after a man was stabbed following a fight outside a bank in Melbourne's north-west.
The 30-year-old victim suffered two stab wounds to the upper and lower body after being attacked while sitting in his car outside the National Australia Bank branch on Main Road East, St Albans, around 2.40pm (AEDT) on Thursday.
He was rushed to the Royal Melbourne Hospital with the life threatening injuries and remains in a stable condition.
Staff and customers were locked inside the bank while police attended the incident.
Two men aged 50 and 24 have been remanded to appear before Melbourne Magistrates' Court later on Friday.
©AAP 2008

I finished work at 3 only down the road...

2 comments:

Mike Messerli said...

don't you guys use guns over there??? it sounds like the criminals have to use knives, we are so used to shootings here that a knifing sounds strange. But I'm glad you were safe.

how are you doing on wedding prep? Are you ready yet??

I hope all goes well.

Robyn said...

Haha... I guess that's a good thing... We do have shootings, but obviously not as much as you do.

Come to think of it, I guess we have more stabbings and deaths/injuries caused by cars than guns.

I actually hate that area. I only work there during the daytime, never at night - I used to, but I hated the workplace and never felt safe at night there anyway.

People used to be concerned when I told them I was working there...but it's ok during the daytime, AND if you know which roads to avoid at certain times of the day ;)