Translate

Tuesday 15 April 2008

Wedding...Ramble...Life...

Yay!!! We have ordered our bridesmaid dresses!!! Finally! :) :) :)
Now we can move up the "To Do List" ;) It's so good knowing both girls are happy, and I'm happy too:) Now we can properly choose our jewellery, based on our dresses! Oh, and shoes of course.

What else... we start marriage counselling on Thursday nite.
I went to a Mary Kay training night last night...Monday... it was quite enjoyable.
I was one of 4 guests who were used as examples of a party... the trainer did a mock session for the consultants to learn from. We did a basic facial, then a makeover. It was good seeing the other 3 ladies transform their looks ;) The only bad part was it was night time, so we couldn't get the most of our make overs because we had to take it off to go to bed! Oh well...it was a good experience.

I wasn't used to being in a room full of "girly-girls". Instead of feeling over-dressed, I felt under-dressed! But it was a good night. The lady who invited me is a director, and wants me to join them as a consultant... I initially said no....but having been to a training night and seeing that a once-a-week consultation could equal nearly a whole week's pay... it's quite tempting...and knowing Mary Kay Ash was a Christian who based her business on Christian foundations...

Which got me thinking... I've been wanting to change career...get a job where I can dress up instead of down... and did once consider being a make up consultant for ColesMyer, but realised I'd hate that environment... and although this job wouldn't use my qualifications, it would pay far better anyway... and I would no longer being cleaning so many dirty butts and having people accidentally spit food on my face... and I wouldn't need a shower after work...

So...IF I decided to go ahead, I will keep my current job, and see how I go... work a few days a week for the agency (and maintain all the above cons), and one or two days with MK...

Not sure what I will do yet. But the extra money is very tempting... (I think that's what the director wants me to go for... extra money for the wedding, and commission for her. A win-win deal).

Ok. that's enough for today!
I have a shoe excursion with mum on Friday, then on Saturday the bridesmaids and I are going on a jewellery and shoes excursion! Busy, busy, busy....but it's all fun! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think it sounds really good and you should go for it. I think you've probably got the personality to do well in that kind of area, AND it does sound a lot more 'relaxed' and friendly than working in a store environment :) Very worth dipping your toe into I'm thinking. Plus it'd be great to get discounts from you :P :D ;)
*Hugs*