Translate

Thursday 17 May 2007

Climbing the mountain of life

Don't you hate when you look back and see how you were so caught up in "Survival Mode" your last month was like a blur!

Just this week I have finally felt human again.
The last few weeks I remember collapsing into bed every night, only to drag myself out of bed the next morning, to force myself to go to work, and then force myself to stay alert all day... finally getting home and being able to crash (after denying myself all day!)...only to go through the same cycle the next day...and the next...and I spent most of one week loooooonging for the One day I wasn't booked to work...and by the time I finally got to the day before, I decided I couldn't cope with another day like that...so I took the free day off and forced myself to slow down and take things easy... including allowing myself to skip the gym so I could sleep past 7.30am (which I couldn't, so read in bed)!

Sleep without setting an alarm felt sooooooooo goooooood!
Apart from the fact shift work was knocking me around, somebody suggested I was low on iron... I was so tired my mum was worried... so I tested out that theory, and changed my diet slightly...and lo and behold! I felt better! Not 100% but a significant amount! :)

I've hardly had any time to "just be", so when I have managed to fit some time in, I have been treasuring the moments. Even my weekends have been full-on. I am still waiting for a free weekend to do "whatever". That would be fun :) Although I have to say, my weekend commitments have been worthwhile! Family functions all over Melbourne... my baby cousin is already 1! The 2nd youngest cousin is not even 2 and she's speaking so clearly! They're both so cute! I've seen more of my extended family in a month that in the last 6 months I reckon! It has also meant I've been travelling long distances a lot. Family makes you aware of your road knowledge! :p

So this week has been awesome! I've been feeling so much better, and have been working more solid shifts. I've still been busy, but not as much.

I finally feel like I've reached the top of the mountain and am sliding down at a slower pace :)

No comments: