Translate

Wednesday 2 May 2007

Woohoo! :p

Woohoo!
My tendon is strengthening! I’ve managed to spend most of a 3hr shift on my feet this morning, and then burn off 330cals at the gym with NO pain!!!! A “good” day would be 260cals! Yay! I’m getting better :)

Now a 5.5hr shift to go…split shift. I did a 6.30-9.30am shift, and have a 3.30-9pm shift to go. I love going to the gym after a morning shift. In a way I get it over-and-done-with and arrive home feeling more refreshed… THEN I have a shower :p

After snapping my achilles tendon I was forced to minimise my cardio exercise and stay off my feet… it was frustrating because I’d worked my way up to high cardio levels… now I’ve been working BACK up to where I left off… I couldn’t use the xtrainer…I managed to stay on for 4mins…5mins…8mins…10mins… now I can do 20+mins again! Being stuck with the bike for 20+mins is so boring after 6 months! :p

I went from deliberately using stairs to deliberately avoiding them… I learned how disgusting lifts are in shopping centres… dodging the urine and covering my nose… disabled people really have it tough… but I can use the stairs again now :)

It has been a loooooong healing process… my overseas trip helped strengthen…but it’s still not 100%. Its getting close!!!!!! :) :) :)

2 comments:

Samantha Louise said...

Praise God!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Rob, sooo glad to hear your foot is getting better. Praise God.
Will read more later- i need to eat tea!!!!!
love ya, B.