Translate

Friday 2 March 2007

Late AGAIN!!!




This is my 'lucky' week... yesterday it took me 30mins longer to get to work after leaving EARLIER than usual...and today... I was 10minutes late to a different location...and I left EARLIER than usual also! Grrr!


Have you ever sat in traffic, 2 blocks away from your destination...watching the green lights turn red, then back to green, then red....green....etc... took me 15minutes to drive 2 blocks!
I think I waited for at least 5 trains in that 15mins also! All I needed to do was cross the railway tracks, then I had only half block to go... oh well. Nobody seemed to worry abt my arrival time again...
I hate that part of the road. If you're running early, you may end up being late because you're held up by up to 4 trains... if you're running late, you may be EARLY or on time, because you missed the trains! I drove that route for 5 years in my previous job! I KNOW ;) hehe.

But the BEST PART!!!!!! :) .......

This drive was a lot better than what COULD'VE been! I was offered a shift yesterday (via voicemail) to return to St Albans today...but when I called back the shift had been taken... which was a little annoying, but I figured I wasn't supposed to do it... and this morning on the radio they said a truck rolled on the Western Ring Rd... which would've made it a HORRIBLE drive to work...even worse than yesterday! God knows :) AND I was offered today's shift last night, which was more hours at an higher hourly rate! :)

No comments: