Translate

Thursday 1 March 2007

Western Ring...[Carpark]...Road

It's funny how on the news lately there have been numerous complaints about how bad the traffic is getting ... and I have never fully understood the frustration... until this morning!

I left for work at 8.10am...excited at the prospect of being EARLY for a change! ;) (I'm usually on time, or slightly late :s)

I hit the Western Ring Rd...on my way to St Albans... in FIRST gear! It was the Western Car Park! I hate driving in first gear! I finally got into 2nd gear... back to first...finally 2nd again! Oh...back to first... stop. Go. Stop. Go. Let somebody in. Stop. Go.... half an hour to get to the Tulla turn off... then somehow I'm in THIRD gear! And wait a second! I'm DRIVING!!!! :):):) It was like magic how most of the traffic suddenly disappeared and we were moving freely... I SHOULD have been close to work by the Tulla...but no...

FINALLY I get to 4th then my beloved 5th gear! Poor 5th gear didn't get much of a workout today :(

I finally arrive at work... 9.20am! (including having to park in a street across the road coz the carpork was full...and there was roadwork outside making it extrememly difficult to cross the road!) Can you believe it took me so long!!!! Normally it would only take me 30-40minutes. I was supposed start at 9...AND I left early... I'm glad I left early, otherwise who knows what time I would've arrived! Nobody seemed to notice or care abt the time I arrived...


THEN coming home... I hit the Ring Rd again... the Variable Speed Signs say 80km...then 60...then 70...then 60... then 90...then 100! I was in the mood to cruise at 100 in 5th gear...oh well. No idea why the speed limit got so low...maybe they were testing us to see who would obey the law...most people did for a change! :) Usually it's 100kph the whole way.

NOW I understand the frustration of many Melbourne drivers! Usually I start at 9.30 at this worksite so I miss most of the bad traffic... but not today. Half an hour can do so much! ;)

No comments: