Translate

Monday 26 February 2007

Good Italian movies



Here are 2 Italian movies I did enjoy!
Everybody should have heard of "La Vita e Bella" - or "Life is Beautiful".
This movie has a beautiful story...it's creative and artistic. It's sad and happy, imaginative yet real... it's overall a masterpiece.
"Cinema Paradiso" is about 10years older. I remember watching this on sbs (foreign television channel) with my mum a few times during my childhood. My mum really gave me an appreciation for well-crafted Italian movies. This one, although I don't really remember the whole story, was also beautifully created. I have never forgotten how much I loved it.
Both these movies are better subtitled. Why go for dubbing...you lose the "Italian flavour" and animation of the voices. Even though it's easier to listen than read, I find dubbing an Italian is robbing the viewers of their full Italian experience ;)

No comments: