Translate

Friday 9 February 2007

Elijah and Elisha


Isn't it amazing how somebody will mention something, and you end up reading where it came from...when you never even gave the topic 2 seconds of thought previously!

Well... I have been reading about Elijah and Jezebel... the most evil woman in the bible... and how she and her husband, king Aram (think correct spelling) were so evil in their ways they paid for it with their lives... but Aram eventually humbled himself and repented so God spared his life. Jezebel was eaten by dogs... yuck! But she got what she deserved... she had many (I think hundreds or thousands!) innocent men murdered to further her selfish cause.

But after all this... I kept reading and along comes Elisha! Elijah was the "in your face" prophet...who chose Elisha to take on the baton when he died... and Elisha was the compassionate one. Completely opposite in temperament! I thought that was interesting. One man is a confrontation-focused dude, who chooses a caring, 1:1 kind of dude to continue his work. And the BEST part... it worked! :)

I loved the part when Elijah approached Elisha, and Elisha just accepted the call with NO HESITATION! Except to say goodbye to his family. That is just not normal ;) But he KNEW his calling. I'm still reading, but I think this story, even though it's in the old testament, is an awesome one!

THANKS "LOUISE"!!!!! :) :) :)
P.S. I have always loved my butterfly shoes... they remind me of following God... the smaller butterfly is following the larger butterfly... a bit like Elijah and Elisha! Different in appearance, but following the same purpose. I had the shoes for a few months before I even took any notice of this. AND I went to the other side of town to get them! I called 6 different shoe shops who had run out... and eventually I found them at the distributor! :) Thanks Phil for making me make that ONE MORE phone call!!! I LOVE these shoes! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hehehe i still remember that day ..im glad you got them and happy that you like them.