Translate

Monday 19 February 2007

Monday...


I took a train into the city today.... mum drove me in MY car to the station then went off to work..

I checked out the new DFO in Spencer St... I felt like the staff had all been through a
"personality test" - where those with any personality were refused a position... and the same people kept getting in my way in nearly every shop I walked in to. What happened to the world!!! Even just shopping seems like a battle these days. But of course there were some personalities that somehow did slip into a position ;) Generally though, it wasn't a very nice place to be. I spent 2hours in there (couldn't believe it!) and bought absolutely NOTHING! I tried a few things on, but I couldn't find anything I liked enough to buy...actually I couldn't find anything I LIKED. Except the full-priced new season's stuff, so I decided I could find them closer to home so didn't bother ;)

People in the city are just so brutal! Walking on the footpath felt illegal because I was taking up too much space... a few peoples bags banged into me, but that wasn't their fault...it was just too hard to cross at the lights... you had to take any walking space available, and hope the person in front didn't stop suddenly...

Oh well. I heard this DFO wasn't very good, but I wanted to find out for myself ;) Moorabbin would be a better choice. Or even Essendon... but Moorabbin is the original and I ALWAYS find things to buy there, even though it takes a long time to drive there ;)

Now I'm home :) Icing my foot... but glad to be home :)

Oh! I caught a bus from the station and it was full of school kids... the funny thing is normally you'd expect them to be the annoying and rude people. They were really nice! One girl even moved so I could sit down. So the world isn't all bad :p

2 comments:

Samantha Louise said...

Shopping. I love it. haha. I've never been to DFO before , been meaning to go for the past few years. Perhaps I'll have to go soon... hmmm...

Robyn said...

Moorabbing and Essendon are HEAPS better than BrandSmart!!! But Bsmart is better than Spencer st... Plus you can go to BOTH Brandsmart AND Word in the same block :p

We could have an adventure to Moorabbin one day... ;)